Hello world!February 15, 2017
Beer Batter CorndogsFebruary 16, 2017
Now you can “fancy up” your corndogs for those picky relatives who don’t eat off a stick.
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 17 ounces cornbread-muffin mix
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 min.
- Add onions; saute 5 min.
- Place in a large bowl; set aside. Cut hot dogs lengthwise into 1/4s, then cut into 1/3s.
- In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 min. or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage and pepper.
- Add the remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes.
- Add 1 1/2 cup cheese. Spread into a shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30 min. or until golden brown.
NOTES : I just use my own corn bread recipe.