Corndog CasseroleFebruary 16, 2017
Deviled DogsFebruary 16, 2017
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons dry, unhopped malt extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup domestic beer
- 1 large egg
And The Rest
- 8-pack of hot dogs
- Wooden skewers
- 2 cups of more of cooking oil
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- In a seperate dish, beat together the egg, beer, and buttermilk until frothy.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and blend until batter thickens.
- Wait 5 more minutes for the batter to set up, if necessary.
- Skewer hot dogs.
- Heat oil to 350F.
- Pour batter mix into a tall glass.
- Dunk one dog at a time into batter mix, swirl, lift and let excess batter drip off back into the glass.
- Lay the battered dogs (just a few at a time) down into the oil and turn until they are golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.